A Contract Engineer is required to join one of the UK\'s leading hire equipment organisations. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
A Engineer uses their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide the customer with a engineered solution, representing the technical aspects of how the product solves specific customer problems.
The successful applicant will use their experience and skills to manage a large portfolio of major events and special projects. They would be responsible for maintaining their existing customers as well as using their sales skills to create new customer leads.
To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication, computer, and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, adaptable, and organised with the ability to build rapport with clients. You would require a good understanding of terms and conditions. Commercial negotiation and complaint handling skills are essential.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To carry out site inspections and see projects through with the business’ cradle to grave approach. This involves the provision of specific advice in relation to their access requirements and to provide a detailed proposal/quotation together with site drawings, risk assessments, method statements and HGV routes to site. On some sites, supervision and project co-ordination skills are essential
- To understand and engage the commercial aspect of contracts , including negotiation and agreement of T&C’s between Engineered Access and the Customer
- Provide outstanding customer service in all dealings with our customers
- To create new business leads and respond to all Customer enquiries professionally and promptly
- Progression of all enquiries through the contact centre, but retaining responsibility for ensuring they are delivered and programmed as necessary
- Execution of contracts in a timely manner using Engineered Access high standards and procedures
- Adhere to and enforce the company’s strict Health & Safety policies and other applicable environmental or safety related policies
- Evaluate and advise on any site specific requirements such as enforced security
- Use a flexible approach to meet the business needs and requirements