Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
We have an exciting new opportunity within our Category Management team- we are looking for a Survey Technical Sales & Support Manager to cover our London and South East region.
This role will report directly into Head of Category, the Survey Technical Sales & Support Manager will be first point of contact for customers using our specialist survey equipment.
- General guidance and common technical queries, fault finding and providing advice on correct equipment to be used.
- Lots of activity will be over the phone and customer location visits where and when required
- You will also provide support and advice to the depot network liaising with customers for correct kit and applications
- Training our internal operational & sales colleagues will also be expected, along with customer facing visits to support our sales team.
- Develop new & existing customer relationships to increase market share across the supergroup category
- Deliver sustained growth and profitability through operational effectiveness and service excellence
So we can help you succeed, here’s what you’ll need:
- Previous Survey Manufacturer Training Essential, with the ability to comfortably demonstrate, train and support end users when required
- Proven experience in selling products and services to end-users within the technical specialism
- A background in Surveying or Civil Engineering would be beneficial
- Previous Hire Company experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to develop intimate customer relationships, particularly with the influencers of technical specialism
- Ability to prepare training courses, content, materials, and resources.
- Positive flexible attitude and comfortable working alone or with our other teams and departments.
- You will show initiative and be able to manage your own time effectively to suit the customer needs.
- Demonstratable communication and presentations skills
- Technical Awareness to discuss, explain, train and support staff as required.
- Confidence to work on own initiative with good planning and preparation skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Good level of organisation with high level of attention to detail.
- Team Player with strong communication skills (written & verbal) aligned with excellent interpersonal skills
- Travel on a national level will be required.
- Full Driving license
In return we offer a competitive salary with company vehicle/allowance, contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, up to 15% bonus and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.