Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
Flexible location base.
We have an exciting new role for a Business Development Manager to join our Survey technical team. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a variety of work, the latest technology in the Survey and Construction sectors, problem solving and working as part of a team or is a time served survey engineer ready for there next move. The ideal candidate will have experience in the field of land, civil engineering or construction surveying. You will be responsible for developing business with our existing customer base, working with our national teams as well as securing new business.
Reporting to Head of Category, the Survey Technical Sales & Support Manager will be first point of contact for customers using our specialist survey equipment.
- General guidance and common technical queries, fault finding and providing advice on correct equipment to be used.
- Lots of activity will be over the phone and customer location visits where and when required
- You will also provide support and advice to the depot network liaising with customers for correct kit and applications
- Training our internal operational & sales colleagues will also be expected, along with customer facing visits to support our sales team.
- Develop new & existing customer relationships to increase market share across the supergroup category
- Deliver sustained growth and profitability through operational effectiveness and service excellence
So we can help you succeed, here’s what you’ll need:
- Previous Survey Manufacturer Training Essential, with the ability to comfortably demonstrate, train and support end users when required
- Proven experience in selling products and services to end-users within the technical specialism
- A background in Surveying or Civil Engineering would be beneficial
- Previous Hire Company experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to develop intimate customer relationships, particularly with the influencers of technical specialism
- Ability to prepare training courses, content, materials, and resources.
- Positive flexible attitude and comfortable working alone or with our other teams and departments.
- You will show initiative and be able to manage your own time effectively to suit the customer needs.
- Demonstratable communication and presentations skills
- Technical Awareness to discuss, explain, train and support staff as required.
- Confidence to work on own initiative with good planning and preparation skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Good level of organisation with high level of attention to detail.
- Team Player with strong communication skills (written & verbal) aligned with excellent interpersonal skills
- Travel on a national level will be required.
- Full Driving license
In return we offer a competitive salary with company vehicle/allowance, contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, up to 15% bonus and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.