As a business, we supply all types of customers and organisations with a range of specialist equipment. From plant machinery for large construction and industrial contracts to domestic power tools for that DIY project at home. With 15 Hire It Centres located across the region we really do have it covered!
As a HGV Driver your responsibilities will be:
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Fleet Manager.
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation.
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary.
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager.
- Maintain product knowledge in order to demonstrate to customers where necessary.
- Represent the company and their principles of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
As a HGV Driver you will have:
- Must hold a Class 2 licence and have experience in driving Class 2 vehicles.
- Must have a valid CPC card.
- DIGI Card.
- A proven track record in customer service.
- Driving experience in a fast paced environment.
- Have an understanding of safe loading and towing process.
- Understanding of the transporting of hazardous goods.
- Manual handling awareness.
Desirable skills for a HGV Driver:
- IPAF Trained.
- Fork Lift Truck Licence.
- CSCS Card.
- Product knowledge.
As a HGV Driver you must be:
- Polite & professional– to deliver excellent customer service.
- Reliable and have a flexible proactive approach.
- Fit and capable – manual loading and unloading and competent to load self-drive machines up ramps.
- Literacy and numeracy skills – need to be able to complete delivery paperwork neatly and accurately.
- Willing to work in a yard preparing goods for dispatch.
- Smart in appearance – you need to take pride in yourself and your vehicle.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Permanent employment.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Weekly pay (every Wednesday).
- 22 Days holiday plus statutory days (30 days in total).
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years service.
- Free tool hire for all employees – Excluding consumables & delivery.
- Career progression.
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm with Saturday 08:00am – 12:00pm (this would be on a rotational basis).