Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
We have an exciting new position for a UX/UI Designer. The UI/UX Designer is both a technical and creative role and will turn our customer channels into easy-to-use products for both consumer and business customers alike. The UI/UX Designer works with various teams and resources to gathering requirements, design interfaces and building navigation components that strengthens the Speedy brand and helps grow our customer base.
The principal objectives of the role are:
- To help the Development Team to create high-value products.
- Use research, usability testing, customer feedback and design personas to develop and improve digital channel interactions.
- Develop and evolve designs, wireframes, prototypes within brand guidelines.
- Champion best UX/UI practices for digital and be able to represent these with peers and executive level stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- Strong portfolio of projects, demonstrating creative wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Experience of project management and research.
- Understanding of interaction design and information architecture
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design tools
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (e.g. InVision)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate, sell and influence stakeholders with design.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Team player, flexible, accurate, hands-on mentality.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI/UX design.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban.
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.