Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
Reporting to the Category Director, you’ll provide a point of expert ownership and detailed category management across the five P’s of retail marketing and product management, for a group of company owned assets; the role being to select, improve and optimise the end to end asset management and financial returns within the product category lifecycle.
Outline of key responsibilities:
- Identify and recommend New, Replacement or Divestment products within category to the company investment committee.
- Compare manufacturer product ranges and prices such as good, better, best ranges.
- Manage and maintain product data from on-boarding through to end of life
- Represent at periodic investment committee meetings and make investment and divestment recommendations based on market demand, price movement and utilisation levels.
- Assist commercial and financial teams in setting charging calculations, discount rates and pricing parameters based on capital cost, depreciation period and required ROCE.
- Understanding and analysing competitor/market pricing and customer price sentiment.
- Working with operational teams to ensure correct geographical distribution of fleet.
- Managing and monitoring demand levels and ensuring customer availability.
- Managing peaks and troughs and seasonal variations by optimising fleet size, and utilisation.
- Making business case and recommendation for inclusion in ARP trunking and depot stocking levels.
- Making recommendation in terms of retail display across locations
- Ensuring digital master data is correct for such things as naming conventions, images, specifications and data tags.
- Improving search engine optimisation through PPC recommendations and text content such as “Slang Words” or “Add Words” for product.
- Positioning products and services in the marketplace and supporting the regional and sales teams with targeted customer business development.
- Advise and contribute to commercial, sales and marketing teams product launches, campaigns and promotions.
The successful appointee will be of senior management calibre with expert knowledge and built-in experience across relevant category. The candidate will be characterised by their previous product experience and ability to think strategically and commercially.
In order for us to help you achieve success in this role, these are a few key elements you’ll need to have for us to build on…
- Proven skills, with the ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve goals.
- Data expert with significant analytical skills
- Team player with a proven and naturally collaborative style
- Passionately enjoys interacting with and engaging with senior management around market trends and analysis.
- Strong consultative selling abilities and clear understanding of value adding solutions or features
- Experienced in procurement decisions and product evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable communication and presentation skills
- Robust and resilient individual, with high personal integrity and confidence.
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.