Senior Engineer – Birmingham
Salary £negotiable (DOE) overtime, bonus, healthcare & pension
Do you want to work for a fast-paced growing National company, with excellent career stability and progression prospects; where hard work is well rewarded? Then a job with AFI is for you.
AFI are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer at our Birmingham depot
You will be responsible for the smooth running of servicing together with maintaining our expanding hire rental fleet. This challenging position requires someone with the ability to manage people, work to targets, manage a workshop and work closely with our busy hire office.
The role in brief:
- Overseeing and organising the day to day running of the workshop and workloads for your team of engineers
- Using forward planning to ensure the optimum availability of machine ready for hire, ensuring machines are serviced, LOLER inspected, PDI’d and repaired to schedule
- Hands-on preventative maintenance and inspection of machines
- Offering help and guidance to your team of engineers to ensure that they complete tasks effectively and efficiently
The ideal candidate:
- You will ideally hold a CAP (Competent Assessed Person) licence for inspecting powered access equipment
- You must hold an engineering qualification – minimum NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- You should have a sound mechanical knowledge in a heavy plant LOLER background, i.e. powered access or forklifts
- Be competent in electro/hydraulic systems
- You will be experienced in fault finding / diagnostics
- You will be working closely with customers and colleagues, so you must be able to communicate professionally
- You must be able to prioritise tasks in an ever changing demanding hire environment
- Motivate your team by leading from the front
AFI Group is a leading provider of access solutions, from the hire and purchase of access equipment, to accredited training and service / maintenance of machines. With a current network of 21 hire locations across the UK and over 5,000 machines, AFI has a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and is proud to hold various accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, 5* Achilles BuildingConfidence, Gold RoSPA award – to name a few).
We offer an excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays
- Inclusion in a monthly profit share scheme
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary
- Paid Overtime
- Company Van
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- AFI Rewards
In addition we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold a Gold Investors in People award).