This is an exciting opportunity to join the Hire Desk team within one of the fastest-growing powered access hire companies in the UK. Working within our busy head office near Dunstable/Luton, you will be responsible for all aspects of customer service and sales including the negotiating and conversion of hire/sale enquiries.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maximise hire-sales opportunities, dealing with customers via inbound & outbound calls and emails.
- Proactive outbound sales activities such as chasing open quotes (daily), following up prospective customers and sales campaigns on targeted areas/products.
- Negotiate and convert hire enquiries into orders and maximise all additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Interpret & identify the best access solution for customers’ requirements, ensuring accurate real time capture of information.
- Provide customers with the highest standard of customer service and positive response at all times.
- Deal with all customers queries efficiently, managing disputes & complaints through to resolution.
- Ensure compliance to Star Platforms quality, health, safety and environmental policies and standards.
The ideal candidate/s will have
- Previous experience in a sales/hire office or customer service role (preferably in the hire industry but training will be provided).
- An excellent telephone manner and good interpersonal skills with the ability to build a rapport with customers, suppliers and other team members alike.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to read & understand product specifications and learn key features of machines, and to relate to user applications (product training will be provided).
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise within a busy office environment.
- A confident and positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Outlook/Word/Excel are essential, as well as basic mathematics to be able to calculate customer quotations.
Benefits & Rewards
- Competitive salary
- Regular weekly hours
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Company profit share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- FREE parking