This is an excellent opportunity for a plant engineer to work on our market leading fleet of truck, van and track mounted booms based out of our depot in Brentwood.
You'll work as part of a team to repair, inspect and maintain the fleet to a high standard and have strong customer facing skills.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, on-call allowance, van + fuel card, pension, life assurance and 25 days holiday.
Responsibilities include: -
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of machines at client premises and at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacture’s specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use.
- Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify appropriate manager of any defective or unsafe equipment.
- Repair machines at depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and company policy.
- To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer’s report, off hire/pre-delivery inspection and service sheets.
About you: -
- Relevant vehicle maintenance or construction plant engineering qualifications.
- Experience in plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics, diagnostics and fault finding.
- Class 1 or 2 licence preferred, but not essential.
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK providing a fleet of more than 15,500 machines with working heights from 3m to 90m.
With a depot network spanning more than 30 depots, Nationwide Platforms provide its customers with leading safe access solutions for working at height. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the wider access industry.
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, Europe’s largest equipment rental company operating in 30 countries.