Torrent Trackside has the widest range of specialist portable rail equipment in the UK, providing rail specific light plant, trackside lighting and skilled trackside personnel and operating national support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and 365 days of the year.
Our main markets are maintenance and renewal projects on the national rail network, London Underground and the Network Rail maintenance contract.
Vp is a long established group which has evolved over a 60 year trading history.
Our businesses offer the rental and sale of specialist products and associated services to a diverse range of end markets, including construction, civil engineering, rail, water, oil and gas, outdoor events and housebuilding.
This role would suit plant fitter or mechanic who has experience in Railway small plant maintenance or someone who has agricultural or construction industry plant experience. The area we are looking to cover is the Peterborough, Hitchin region.and suitable applicants should live in the area.
- Carry out maintenance, service, repair of company and customer owned assets at customer premises
- Work on own and also as part of a team at customer premises ensuring that the equipment is maintained to manufacturer specifications at all times
- Complete company paperwork and ensure safe working practices are observed and followed at all times in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure that van stock is kept to required level by ordering service and repair parts as when required
Skills & experience required
- Ideally be time served Qualified Plant Fitter or Mechanic with either Railway, Construction or Agricultural experience
- Full UK Driving license
- Flexible in working hours and be expected to occasionally stay away from home
- Have good working knowledge of small plant engines such as petrol 2 stroke, 4 stroke and diesels
- Good fault finding skills in wide area of small plant repairs
- Able to work on own initiative or within a team with minimum supervision
- Able to plan own work load and good time management skills
- Have basic I.T skills
- Is successful the candidate will be expected to be able to pass Drug and Alcohol Railway standard medical and undergo PTS safety qualification training.