Support the smooth and efficient day to day running of the Abird Mobile engineering operation. The position requires a flexible team member to provide a customer-focussed service on all our external hire sites. This involves good level of professional communication both internally with colleagues and customers alike, fulfilling our routine servicing and other site work needs on time.
- Drive in accordance with legislation, Highway Code, and company guidelines.
- Ensure you have the correct PPE and it is fit for purpose.
- Repair and maintain company equipment on site.
- Ensure that the van is properly stored and secured.
- Control van stock levels and tools selected to ensure jobs can be completed and maximise first time fixes.
- Ensure all company property is looked after and in calibration date where appropriate; (Multi-meter, Clamp meter, RCD tester, laptop, tablet, phone)
- Report any routine maintenance, vehicle defects, accidents or site issues to your line manager.
- Aim to complete your jobs per week target in line with KPI’s.
- React and resolve site issues in accordance to customer priority.
- Be part of an on-call rota and take approved annual leave to minimise disruption.
- Get involved in depot toolbox talks and keep up to date with training that will benefit.
- Provide cover in depot and/or other locations that require support.
- Any other ad hoc duties as defined by your line manager
- NQV L3 or City and Guilds equivalent in marine, electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Experience in an engineering workshop and/or site environment
- Product knowledge and experiencexperience of assessing and fault findingof assessing and fault finding on Power Generation equipment.
- Full driving licence
- Forklift truck licence (can be trained)
- Willingness to travel to various sites and flexibility on daily working hours.
- Delivery of KPIs, weekly targets against plan (timing, quality & standards)
- Basic IT skills with the ability to operate Android tablet and send/receive emails.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently in a professional manner.
- Always looking to achieve the objectives that have been set.
- To liaise and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Self-motivated and positive with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to carry out lone working and work as part a team.