- Generate sales leads from existing and dormant accounts.
- Use market intelligence to proactively seek new sales leads.
- Make targeted outbound telesales calls to create qualified leads for the external sales team, or to directly win orders as appropriate.
- Follow up quotations and close business over the telephone.
- Make external sales appointments and generate revenue.
Coordination of internal and external sales activities
- Maintain close day to day contact with the external sales team.
- Maintain customer records with critical timings of the sales process.
- Coordinate sales teams diaries and appointments to ensure effective usage of time.
- Proactively support and drive the activities of the external sales team.
- Provide information to the external sales team.
Follow up and Convert Sales Quotations
- Follow up sales quotations in a timely manner.
- Make appropriate contact with relevant decision makers to convert quotations into confirmed orders.
- Arrange further external sales contact if required to overcome queries, delays or objections.
- Follow up hire contracts from the previous day, chase up forward work.
Invoicing and sale administration
- Process sales administration and invoicing to a high standard, ensuring that customer requirements and any service level agreements and contractual obligations are met.
- Ensure that quotations take in to account all related costs of goods and services provided and meet profitability objectives.
- Maintain correct communication and authorisation processes with customers for the supply of goods and services, including any additional items not anticipated in the original quotation.
- Invoice all goods and services supplied in an accurate and timely manner.