Being in business for more than 160 years doesn’t just occur by accident. A tangible commitment to customers, upgrading our hire fleet and around-the-clock service ensure we go from strength to strength, year-on-year.
Do you empower people to drive a business forward and help deliver the levels of success that you desire? Are you keen to share your vision and knowledge in a productive manner that encourages your staff to go the extra mile for you? Can you lead from the front?
Due to expansion and growth as a business, we are looking for a Regional Director to join us taking responsibility for our operations in the North of England to include the North of England and the Midlands.
Purpose & Role Responsibilities:
- To lead the development and ensure the implementation of a strategy to deliver long- term profitable growth for Andrews Sykes Hire Ltd (ASH) within the region.
- To provide strong leadership and direction for management and depot teams, developing a work culture which delivers optimum customer service standards, meets profit and revenue targets and engages, develops and retains employees.
- Responsible for the strategic deployment of all assets through managers within the region including premises, people, vehicles, stock and hire fleet assets.
- Overall responsibility for the budget and P&L performance of each depot in the region, managed via the Depot Managers.
Key Competencies, Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills, able to lead by example and role model appropriate behaviours.
- Highly motivated likes to work to demanding goals and targets themselves and to motivate others to high levels of achievement.
- Highly competent at involving others, with the ability to coach and develop individuals.
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic, tough and resilient with the ability to use initiative.
- Able to act as an agent of change and to encourage and implement change and best practice.
- An experienced Director with a proven track record of implementing strategy to create sustainable sales and profit growth within relevant market sectors.
- Prior experience of multi-site operations management at regional or national level.
- Strong focus on Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental issues.
- Experience of leading key business initiatives.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Commercial, financial and project management skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Highly influential, with strong negotiation skills.
- Personally, well organised, a good planner with structured problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Knowledge of pumping, heating, and climate control equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant markets and competitors.
- Experience within the Rental Sector.
If you have the key skills and background required for this role then apply today.