Would you like to join a brand new depot with a brand new team? We’re opening a new Depot in Burnley! Smiths Hire are the Northwest’s Largest Independent Equipment Hire company with 13 Hire It Centres located across the region.
We supply all types of customers in all types of business, specialising in many types of equipment, including; plant and machinery to the construction and industrial sectors. A large fleet of delivery vehicles are able to supply almost any type of equipment that is requested
As a Service Technician you must:
- Have experience with repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Be reliable and have a flexible proactive approach.
- Have good literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults on construction equipment and associated tool hire equipment.
- Have experience with diesel and petrol engines.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- Have good diagnostic skills.
- Have good customer service skills.
The main Responsibilities of a Service Technician are:
- Repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment in the workshop.
- A service engineer must be able to diagnose faults on a variety of equipment.
- Maintain product knowledge.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
- Be able to liaise with people at all levels.
- Maintain Health and Safety to Company Standards.
- Will be require to attend breakdowns.
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service skills, you will also provide cover for the sales/ Hire counter when needed.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total).
- Weekly pay.
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services Bike to work scheme.
- Training – we are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Applicants will be contacted after Monday 11th January 2021