We are growing and have an exciting opportunity for the right manager to be involved in the set up and establishment of a brand new depot in Burnley. Smiths Hire are the Northwest’s Largest Independent Equipment Hire Company with 13 Hire It Centres located across the North of England.
With 50 years of experience as a family business, our approach to be the best hire company possible has been honed and perfected over time. This has been reflected by winning the HAE Hire Awards of Excellence, voted by our peers as the best Plant, Equipment and Tool Hire Company in the country for 2018 & 2019.
If you would like to be a part of our successful business, we have an exciting opportunity just for you as we are currently looking for a Branch Manager with a particular set of skills for our brand new Burnley depot.
We are looking for someone local to the area, who knows Burnley and the surrounding trading areas very well. Candidates for the position will be expected to have managed/ran a trade branch in the past and ideally have at least for 5 years’ experience in a senior role. We are looking for someone with built-in professional drive and that sees the bigger picture and wants to contribute to the company’s future success.
As a Depot Manager you will oversee the daily running of your depot by:
- Maintaining the Smiths high standards of operation and aesthetic appearance.
- Ensuring that the depot is performing against all agreed targets/budgets.
- Supervising stock takes and being responsible for all assets across the depot.
- Coordinating the transport resources in the most efficient manner.
- Ensuring that all aspects of work and process are carried out in-line with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Carrying out relevant audits and inspections and reporting on any repairs that are needed.
- Completing relevant reports on weekly figures, cash summaries, stock issues, employee attendance etc.
- Mentoring, Coaching and encouraging all depot staff ensuring all training and development needs are met.
- Ensuring customers are treated with the highest level of customer service, in line with our Customer Service Charter.
- Liaising with the Sales team and assisting in the management of customer accounts on a regular basis.
- Playing an active role in maintaining and expanding the existing customer base.
- Keeping up to date with your knowledge of Hire and Sale equipment and the ability to demonstrate safe use of kit.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately and in that all procedures for contracts, transfers and purchase orders etc are completed correctly.
- Monitoring the effective communication with all staff, including between depots
- Conducting additional ad hoc duties as and when needed.
As a Depot Manager you should have:
- A proven track record in management either in the Hire industry or associated industry.
- Capability to take ownership and responsibility.
- Strong Sales experience.
- Experience of people management.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- PC literate and proactive with IT systems.
- A full UK Driving Licence.
- A clear understanding of logistics, operations and sales.
- The ability to demonstrate commercial acumen.
This is a full time position. Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and rotational Saturdays 8am to 12pm.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Company Car.
- Mobile Phone.
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total).
- Weekly pay.
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- Career progression.
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Training – we are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent