Wanted! A Dynamic Manager to take on the overall operations in a busy Merseyside depot. Smiths Equipment Hire Ltd, winners of the HAE Award 2018 & 2019, are the Northwest’s Largest Independent Equipment Hire company and are currently in a period of expansion across the business.
With 50 years of experience as a family business, our approach to be the best hire company possible has been honed and perfected over time. This has been reflected by winning the HAE Hire Awards of Excellence, voted by our peers as the best Plant, Equipment and Tool Hire Company in the country for 2018 & 2019.
If you would like to be a part of our successful business, we have an exciting opportunity just for you as we are currently looking for a Branch Manager with a particular set of skills for our busy Formby depot.
We are looking for someone local to the area, who knows Manchester and the surrounding trading areas very well. Candidates for the position will be expected to have managed/ran a trade branch in the past and ideally have at least for 5 years’ experience in a senior role. We are looking for someone with built-in professional drive and that sees the bigger picture and wants to contribute to the company’s future success.
This role comes with many responsibilities, however the main responsibilities are:
- b– Generating new and servicing/expanding current customers through a commitment to first class customer service to help drive the company sales forward.
- Management – Day to day management of our large Manchester depot site, crucially the workshop team overseeing the transport process and encouraging the employees to do their best work.
- Financial – Cash/Till, Card payment processing/taking, understanding of the weekly/monthly sales and stock reporting is a must have.
- Resale area – Keeping a well-stocked, clean and presentable Hire shop.
- Company Reputation – Carrying out all of the above responsibilities whilst also ensuring that the company’s reputation is paramount ensuring all customers and staff are happy.
Duties in greater detail;
- Mentoring, Coaching and encouraging all depot staff ensuring all training and development needs are met.
- Ensuring customers are treated with the highest level of customer service, in line with our Customer Service Charter.
- Supervising stock takes and being responsible for all assets across the depot.
- Coordinating the transport resources in the most efficient manner.
- Ensuring that all aspects of work and process are carried out in-line with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Carrying out relevant audits and inspections and reporting on any repairs that are needed.
- Completing relevant reports on weekly figures, cash summaries, stock issues, employee attendance etc.
- Liaising with the Sales team and assisting in the management of customer accounts on a regular basis.
- Playing an active role in maintaining and expanding the existing customer base.
- Keeping up to date with your knowledge of Hire and Sale equipment and the ability to demonstrate safe use of kit.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately and in that all procedures for contracts, transfers and purchase orders etc. are completed correctly.
- Monitoring the effective communication with all staff, inbound calls outbound calls to customers and including between depots.
- Conducting additional ad hoc duties as and when needed.
As a Branch Manager you should have the following skills:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Friendly approach to employee and customer call management.
- PC literate and proactive with IT systems.
- A clear understanding of logistics, operations and sales.
- A full UK Driving Licence.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Company Car.
- Mobile Phone.
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- On Site Parking.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.