We are expanding and we are looking for a passionate Health, Safety and Environment Quality Manager to join our team. Smith’s Hire are the Northwest’s Largest Independent Equipment Hire company with 13, soon to be 16 Hire It Centres located across the Region.
Reporting to the Operations Director and working across all company functions you will be tasked with taking the lead role in driving and embedding first class health, safety and environmental management performance and promoting a culture of ownership and extensive employee engagement across the organisation.
The right candidate will have experience within the following:
- Controlling, developing and administering the current HSE and QA Programs.
- Reporting to Senior Management.
- Supporting Depot Managers.
- Driving forward initiatives, programs and schemes to promote a positive H&S culture.
- Reviewing sites, systems and procedures, and co-ordinating audits & inspections to identify areas for improvement.
- Co-ordinating document control systems, ensuring quality standards are maintained.
The Ideal candidate for the Health Safety & Environment Quality Manager position will have;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a HSEQ role in a fast paced organisation.
- Experience in maintaining and developing company compliant quality systems.
- Relevant health and safety qualification.
- Ability to travel to different sites across the North West of England.
- Excellent understanding of H & S legislation.
- Excellent understanding of ISO systems and processes.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- A professional approach and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and co-operatively.
- Ability to keep confidentiality.
- Strong IT skills.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total).
- Weekly pay.
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- Career progression.
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- On Site Parking.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.
- Bike to work scheme.