Hire Desk Controller - Normanton
Salary – £ / hr (DOE) + overtime + benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced growing National company, with excellent career stability and progression prospects; where hard work is well rewarded? Then a job with AFI is for you.
We are currently looking to recruit a Hire Desk Controller to work at our Normanton depot You will be the central point of contact for customers placing orders and making enquiries and coordinating machine allocation and deliveries/collections.
The role in brief:-
- Taking hire enquiries via telephone, email and our online ordering system
- Checking availability of machines and ensuring that machine status are always up to date on our systems
- Coordinating with the engineering and transport teams to ensure that the correct machines are ready and delivered to customer sites
- Dealing with customer complaints and damage
- Dealing with customers professionally and politely, and maximising sales using your product knowledge
- Maintaining health and safety standards within the hire office
- Communicating effectively with other colleagues, and providing a helpful and friendly point of contact for depot enquiries
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in a customer focused role is a must
Experience of working on a hire desk would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages, and computer skills in general
- You must be outgoing and enthusiastic
- As this is a customer facing role, excellent communication skills and a friendly approach are a must
- Time keeping and using your own initiative will be important aspects of the role, so you should be proficient at these skills
AFI Group is a leading provider of access solutions, from the hire and purchase of access equipment, to accredited training and service / maintenance of machines. With a current network of 27 hire locations across the UK and over 5,000 machines, AFI has a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and is proud to hold various accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, 5* Achilles BuildingConfidence, Gold RoSPA award – to name a few).
We offer an excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays
- Inclusion in a monthly profit share scheme
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- AFI Rewards
- In addition we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold a Gold Investors in People award)
Please note that we operate a 2 stage interview process and online testing to screen candidates.