Rapid Platforms Field Engineer – Bishop Stortford
Do you want to work for a fast-paced company, part of a national group, with excellent career stability and progression prospects; where hard work is well rewarded? Then this is the role for you.
Rapid Platforms are currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to work out of the Bishop Stortford Depot within the Service Maintenance Department.
The role is mainly field based as you will be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of end users own machines at their sites, including scheduled inspections and servicing, along with ad-hoc breakdown response and repairs as required.
In brief the position involves:
- Carrying out services, LOLER inspections, repairs, manufacturer updates etc. on customer’s own machines/premises.
- Attending breakdowns on customer sites.
- Major repairs of customer machines at our depot as and when deemed appropriate.
- Accurately complete all necessary recording of work completed using a company issued tablet, following company procedure at all times.
- Communicate effectively with the service admin team to make sure that we meet all contractual obligations with regard to LOLER inspection dates and provide excellent levels of customer service.
The ideal candidate:
- You must hold an engineering qualification (ideally in Plant Maintenance) – minimum NVQ level 2 or equivalent, and be CAP qualified or equivalent.
- You should have a sound mechanical knowledge in a Powered Access background.
- Be competent in electro/hydraulic systems.
- You will be experienced in fault finding / diagnostics.
- You will be working closely with customers and colleagues, so you must be able to communicate professionally.
- You must be able to prioritise tasks in an ever changing demanding service environment.
Rapid Platforms are part of the AFI Group, a leading provider of access solutions, from the hire and purchase of access equipment, to accredited training and service / maintenance of machines. With a current network of 21 hire locations across the UK and over 5,000 machines, AFI has a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and is proud to hold various accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, 5* Achilles BuildingConfidence, Gold RoSPA award – to name a few).
We offer an excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays.
- Inclusion in a monthly profit share scheme.
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- In addition we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold a Gold Investors in People award).
Please note that we operate a 2 stage interview process and online testing to screen candidates.