Being in business for more than 160 years doesn’t just occur by accident. A tangible commitment to customers, upgrading our hire fleet and around-the-clock service ensure we go from strength to strength, year-on-year.
Our depot support staff go above and beyond expectations to be that vital link between our customers, sales team and drivers. Their presence helps streamline the process that sees equipment leaving our depots and arriving on customer sites – and with minimal fuss.
We are looking for a Hire Manager to join us based at our depot in Aberdeen.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To take depot-level responsibility for the delivery of Andrews Sykes’ range of hire services, meeting customer service objectives, maximising the effective use of systems, assets and personnel to achieve or exceed budgeted income and profit, while managing all safety, health, environmental, quality, personnel and regulatory matters in accordance with company policies.
MANAGEMENT OF DEPOT OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE:
- Maximise depot revenue and profit through correct charging of all revenue streams – hire, sales, delivery charges, fuel and damage or deficiency charges etc.
- Ensure enquiries and quotations are converted into hires/sales.
- Maintain depot operational performance in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and initiate remedial action to correct any performance shortfalls.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of all depot staff in order to maximise their productivity, ensuring that their time is fully utilised.
- Report any day to day staff shortages (e.g. those caused by sickness absence) to the Depot Manager.
- Arrange agency staff cover when authorised to do so
COMPLIANCE WITH SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENTAL AND QUALITY (SHEQ) STANDARDS:
- Ensure all depot staff are made aware of relevant Health and Safety regulations and risks and that all necessary control measures are observed.
- Carry out Health and Safety audits at least monthly or as required
CONTROL OF ASSETS AND COSTS:
- Ensure that the unhired plant is securely stored and accounted for.
- Ensure that hired plant is booked out using correct plant numbers and that on-hire and off-hire security procedures are followed.
- Ensure that damaged or unserviceable plant is promptly assessed, and appropriate action is taken.
- The Hire Manager may be required from time to time to undertake alternative duties not anticipated in this document or to temporarily assist at other depots, and/or:
- Work outside normal trading hours.
- Attend any personal, depot, regional or Company meetings as requested
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong Organising, Administration and Communication skills.
- Customer-facing experience in a technical service-related industry.
- Literate, numerate and IT – literate (keyboard, data input and interpretation, basic use of Word, Excel, e-mail and internet).
- Full driving licence valid in the UK would be a distinct advantage
Do you empower people to drive a business forward and help deliver the levels of success that you desire? Are you keen to share your vision and knowledge in a productive manner that encourages your staff to go the extra mile for you? Can you lead from the front?
This role requires a calm head, excellent communication skills and an eye for detail, so if that’s you, get in touch with us today.