Our busy Manchester Hire it Centre is currently looking for an Equipment Delivery Driver. If you think this could be you, apply today!
Smiths Equipment Hire Ltd are the Northwest’s Largest Independent Equipment Hire company with 13 ‘Hire It Centres’ located across the region. We supply all types of customers in all types of business, specialising in many types of equipment, including; plant and machinery to the construction and industrial sectors. A large fleet of delivery vehicles are able to supply almost any type of equipment that is requested.
As an Equipment Delivery Driver your responsibilities will be:
- To carry out deliveries and collections to our customers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day.
- Drive the company vehicle responsibly and safely; obeying at all times the traffic laws and highway code.
- An Equipment Delivery Driver must carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Fleet Manager.
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation.
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary.
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager.
- Maintain product knowledge in order to demonstrate to customers where necessary.
- Represent the company and their principles of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Literacy and numeracy skills – need to be able to complete delivery paperwork neatly and accurately.
As an Equipment Delivery Driver you must have:
- Experience of driving a 3.5 Tonne dropside vehicle with tail lift.
- A License to tow over 750kg.
- Digi Card.
- A proven track record in customer service.
- Driving experience in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of the transporting of hazardous goods.
- You will be smart in appearance – you need to take pride in yourself and your vehicle.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm.
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- Ongoing training.
Please click the button on the right to apply for the position of Equipment Delivery Driver – Manchester