Based in our Glasgow Head Office an excellent opportunity has arisen in our IT Department for a Systems Manager. A key requirement is the ability to innovate and identify new and emerging technologies. This includes the assessment, development and integration of these technologies into the business IT strategy. The Systems Manager will be responsible for the Systems Development team and oversee the Service Desk function. The role will be responsible for assigning and managing projects and tasks to the Systems Development Analysts and Service Desk Team Leader. You will be responsible for staff recruitment and development including appraisals, reviews, mentoring and monitoring to ensure continuous improvement.
• Microsoft on premise and hybrid cloud technologies including Azure
• Management of licensing including Microsoft EA
• Experience of implementing and continuously improving an ERP system would be beneficial
• VMware, Cisco CUCM and Networking skills would be an advantage.
• Experience of managing a support ticket system for service requests
• Good procurement and asset management skills to ensure security of IT Assets
• Excellent presentation skills and the ability to present IT solutions to internal and external customers
• Ability to create documentation and training materials for both technical teams and end users
• Able to take on problem ownership to ensure KPI/SLA measures are met and maintained
• Delivery of solutions to stakeholders, able to manage multiple complex technical projects to aggressive timelines including creation of detailed and accurate project specifications
• Scheduling and management of 3rd party providers, including our ERP vendor, for both project and service delivery tasks
• Educated to HNC / Degree equivalent in computer related subject preferred
• Ability to engage with key stakeholders across all levels of the business
• Previous experience working with the aforementioned technologies
• Customer focused and good business awareness and interaction delivering a first class service to the business
• Good knowledge of IT best practice
• Well-developed communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Good organisational skills with a controlled temperament during busy periods and ability to meet tight deadlines
• Good team-player with a flexible approach to working hours
• Ability to identify business needs and translate these into technical requirements
• Driving Licence preferred
So what next?
If you think you fit the profile we would love to hear from you.
All you have to do is send us a copy of your CV highlighting your current package and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can take it from there.
GAP GROUP is an equal opportunities employer.