Based in our Glasgow Head Office an excellent opportunity has arisen in our IT Department for a Service Desk Team Leader. The Service Desk team leader will manage the IT Service Desk ensuring the highest level of IT support and service is provided at all times to the business. You will be responsible for assigning and managing tasks to the service desk team through our ticketing system ensuring that high standards are maintained. You will play a key role in staff recruitment and development including appraisals, reviews and monitoring. A key aspect of this role is the ability to communicate effectively and ensure the profile of the service desk function is maintained to a high standard .The ability to interact with the business in line with agreed SLAs and providing reports and statistics to the business highlighting the performance of IT.
• Microsoft technologies including Exchange, Network Infrastructure, Cisco UCM, Firewall technology
• Experience of supporting an ERP system would be beneficial
• VMware virtualization and storage experience beneficial
• Experience of a support ticket system for managing service requests
• Good procurement asset management skills to ensure security of IT Assets
• Educated to HNC / Degree equivalent in computer related subject preferred
• Significant experience of leading and developing teams within an IT environment
• Demonstrable experience working with the aforementioned technologies
• Strong customer resolution focus and business strategy awareness
• Ability to identify business needs and translate these into technical requirements
• Maintain up to date knowledge of IT developments and technologies
• In-depth knowledge of IT best practice including current legislation
• Effective communicator with the ability strong stakeholder management skills
• Excellent organisational skills and experience working on IT projects preferable
• Good team-player with a flexible approach to working hours
• Driving Licence preferred
So what next?
If you think you fit the profile we would love to hear from you.
All you have to do is apply with your CV to email@example.com highlighting your current package and salary expectations and we can take it from there.
GAP GROUP is an equal opportunities employer.