Group Major Account Director
With 10 Divisions, a network of 143 locations, 1800 employees and annual turnover in excess of £200m, GAP Hire Solutions is the largest independent equipment rental company in the UK. We are dedicated to offering a first class total hire solution to our customers with the newest and most innovative hire fleet in the industry and to developing and nurturing our workforce through exceptional leadership.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Group Major Account Director will be responsible for developing and implementing GAP Group's Major Account Strategy and ensuring successful delivery by providing leadership and direction to the Major Account Directors and Business Development Director.
The role will be UK based, however it is expected that the successful candidate will spend on average 2 days per week at our Head Office in Glasgow, with 20% of their time on customer calls, 20% on management of business development outside of London and 60% on management of the team and Major Projects.
• Develop and deliver a Major Account sales strategy in line with business objectives with a special emphasis on quality profitable business including Construction/Infrastructure Major Projects
• Providing exceptional leadership to the Major Account Directors / Business Development Director to create a high-performing team environment
• Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders/influencers within GAP's top 20 major revenue generating accounts
• Provide high level administrative support for MAD's including addressing/escalating aged debt and damage & loss where necessary
• Analysis of Business Management Information, report findings, make recommendations and implement agreed outcomes
Applicants for the role should have:
Demonstrable commercial/sales acumen and exceptional leadership skills gained within a senior management role in the service-related industry, with a focus on sales strategy, business development, team performance and continuous improvement.
• Competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme.
• Company Car or Car Allowance
• Private Medical Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Additional benefits associated with a progressive company
For further information and a confidential chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org
GAP GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER