Smiths Equipment Hire Ltd, winners of the HAE Award 2018 & 2019, are the Northwest’s Largest Independent Equipment Hire company with 14 Hire It Centres located across the region. Currently in a period of expansion, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Hire Desk Controller at our Preston Depot.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our Preston depot team, in a customer facing counter sales role. To be successful in this position you will need to be customer service orientated and willing to go the extra mile to help maintain and expand long term relationships with customers.
This position is a hands-on, varied position, where no two days will be the same. It requires someone who has a keen eye for detail, who is highly organised, and who has previous experience in the following responsibilities:
- Ability to maximise sales by providing high levels of customer service in all areas including answering phones promptly, handling queries, processing orders efficiently and accurately.
- Experience in counter (retail) sales, providing a quick and accurate response to customer’s needs.
- Confident in processing the delivery and collection of orders in accordance with the customer’s requirements.
- Liaising, where required, with other depot employees, customers, workshops and sales teams.
- Ensuring that all products hired to customers are safe and have been properly tested in accordance with company procedures.
- Competent is utilising basic IT systems and completing paperwork relating to equipment on-hires, off-hires and stock transfers, etc.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the depots equipment for hire/sale including basic knowledge of accessory, safety and test & run requirements.
- Keep the Depot Manager informed of any repairs and maintenance of equipment required.
Ideally we seek someone who thrives in a customer-focused position, who is a key team player, who can also work to their own initiatives, to meet team and business sales targets.
You will be someone who is confident in communicating with customers and internal teams alike and you will possess a polite and positive attitude.
This is a full-time role covering:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm.
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total).
- Weekly pay (every Wednesday).
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service.
- Permanent employment.
- Career progression.
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position and you are looking for your next long term career opportunity, we would like to hear from you.