Smith’s Equipment Hire Ltd are the Northwest's Largest Independent Equipment Hire company with 12 ‘Hire It Centres’ located across the region.
We supply all types of customers in all types of business, specialising in many types of equipment, including; plant and machinery to the construction and industrial sectors. A large fleet of delivery vehicles are able to supply almost any type of equipment that is requested.
We are looking for a self-motivated and professional individual who wants to play an integral role in our fast growing company. You will need to have experience within the powered access rental market. Applicants from the crane, plant or fork truck industry will also be considered.
As a Plant /Access Fitter you must:
- Be able to display knowledge with hydraulic systems, electric motors, diesel engines
- The ability to fault find
- Carry out routine services
- Maintenance of the machines
- Pre-delivery inspections
- Keep accurate records of work carried out
- Carry out major and minor repairs and refurbishments
- Be able to estimate any damage/repair costs.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Be reliable and have a flexible proactive approach.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults on construction equipment and associated tool hire equipment
The main Responsibilities of a Plant /Access Fitter are:
- Repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment in the workshop
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day
- A Plant Fitter must be able to diagnose faults on a variety of equipment
- Maintain product knowledge
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required
- Be able to liaise with people at all levels
- Maintain Health and Safety to Company Standards
The key attributes of a Plant /Access Fitter are:
- CAP certification would be beneficial
- Take pride in work to ensure the machines are kept in a pristine state
- Excellent IT skills
- Being calm under pressure
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player
- Have a full clean UK driving licence
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total)
- Weekly pay (every Wednesday)
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service
- Permanent employment
- Career progression
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- On Site Parking
- Discounted Personal Legal Services
- Bike to work scheme
Training – we are a forward thinking organisation and will provide training and development.
Please click the button to apply, alternatively contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV.