As an Equipment Delivery Driver your responsibilities will be
- To carry out deliveries and collections to our customers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day
- Drive the company vehicle responsibly and safely; obeying at all times the traffic laws and highway code
- An Equipment Delivery Driver must carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Fleet Manager
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager
- Maintain product knowledge in order to demonstrate to customers where necessary
- Represent the company and their principles of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Literacy and numeracy skills – need to be able to complete delivery paperwork neatly and accurately.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required
As an Equipment Delivery Driver you must have
- Experience of driving a 3.5 Tonne dropside vehicle with tail lift
- A License to tow over 750kg with current Driver Card
- A proven track record in customer service
- Driving experience in a fast paced environment
- Have an understanding of safe loading and towing process
- Understanding of the transporting of hazardous goods
- You will be smart in appearance – you need to take pride in yourself and your vehicle.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00am – 17:00pm
- Saturday: 08:00am to 12:00pm on a rotational basis
Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 22 Days plus eight statutory holidays (30 days in total)
- Weekly pay (every Wednesday)
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years’ service
- Permanent employment
- Career progression
- Ongoing training.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Discounted Personal Legal Services
- Bike to work scheme