Are you an experienced Category Manager looking for your next opportunity? Sunbelt Rentals is a FTSE 100 company and the UK\'s leading supplier of plant, tools and specialist equipment hire for the construction, events & infrastructure markets. As a business we are going from strength to strength. During the pandemic we’ve remained open to supply our equipment and services to keep the UK going, from the NHS to broadband suppliers, construction sites to utilities and much more.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Category Manager to join the Sunbelt Rentals Team.
There are a number of Business Units offering different ranges of products and services to our customers, as Procurement - Category Manager you will be focused on developing a high performing product strategy across a number of asset categories. In order to achieve this, you will be expected to liaise and collaborate with the head-of one or more of these Business Units, and their associated Asset Manager.
This will require:
- Analysis of product performance data in order to formulate asset category strategies and enhanced return on investment
- Proactively researching, identifying and adding (or deleting) products within assigned categories
- Management of direct spend and supplier activity, principally (but not exclusively) within an assigned group of rental asset categories
- Supplier on boarding and data maintenance
Your key responsibilities will include :
- Data analysis of asset category product performance
- In collaboration with the Business Unit Head of, and the Asset Management team:
- Development of an asset strategy
- Compilation and ongoing management of category buy sheet
- Identification of new products and markets
- Initiate strategic capital investments
- Create and co-ordinate regular new product review meetings
- Maintain Groups and sub-group asset structure
- Cleanse and maintain associated asset data
- Supplier identification and on boarding
- Negotiate and manage supplier contracts
- Develop, measure and review of a range of meaningful KPI’s and supplier scorecard metrics
- Identify and propose process improvements and opportunities to drive best value through procurement activities, including supplier and spend consolidation
- Maintain accurate records of procurement, preferred supplier adherence, contract management, risk management (including fair trades) in accordance with Sunbelt Rentals UK policies.