Desktop Support Team Leader
Oakland House, Manchester
HSS Hire Service Group Ltd is a market-leader in the UK Tool Hire Industry. The company operates a nationwide chain of tool hire centres, ranging in size from small town centre shops to large warehouse units. The business structure is traditional retail distribution with a hub-and-spoke structure where larger units provide stock distribution and centralised services to satellite branches. The customer profile is orientated toward professional and industry service hirers and other larger account customers.
IT SERVICE OVERVIEW
The IT Services arm of the HSS IT department in which this role sits looks after the ‘boxes and wires’, all of which are hosted internally split between our Heathrow and Manchester offices. Our WAN is provisioned and managed by Vodafone. The only other managed service we have is for IT security.
PERMANENT ROLE SPECIFICATION
Desktop Support Team Lead
SCOPE OF ROLE
• Manage, motivate and lead a team ranging from junior technicians through to senior specialists, ensuring that standards and processes in both the 2nd and 3rd line support areas are implemented to maximise efficiency as well as meeting demanding delivery goals.
• Hands-on technical ability, able to lead from the front and get ‘stuck-in’ to project work using a breadth of knowledge covering the Microsoft Infrastructure and associated PC and Server software
• Coordination of team member’ involvement in project work, requiring the ability to work with the wider project team to understand requirements, prioritise work and liaise with project leaders to communicate timeframes, and achieve expected results.
• Act as point of escalation for all Technicians
• Manage and evolve processes and systems to provide efficiency and progressive services
• Regularly review service levels, current issues and action plans with each technician
• Ensure that Data Centre services availability remains above expected levels
• Assist in the daily shifted working pattern (8:00am to 6:00pm)
• Assist in delivering Out of Hours Cover
A candidate for this role will have many of the following attributes: -
• Team player with team building, mentoring and motivational skills
• At-;least 3 years’ experience of managing a team of technicians, providing services out of hour and on a 24/7 basis
• Self-motivated, with a flexible attitude and proven ability to manage own time, priorities and prob-lem solve
• Breadth of IT Support knowledge including 2nd and 3rd line support of PCs, Servers and Networks
• An ideas person, able to think outside the box and able to forward think
• Passion and enthusiasm with a desire to contribute to the success of the company
• A decisive nature, able to stick with and back-up conclusions
• Energetic and strong willed able to cope within a demanding environment
• Committed to accomplishing objectives
• Competent enough to address issues
• Is aware of the roles and responsibilities of others
• Communicate clearly and honestly with others.
• Is prepared to take responsibly and be accountable
• Strong written communication kills
• Good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates ability to work under pressure and to multi-task