Are you operationally focused, like working in a team and have a thirst for learning and looking for a long term career? Then look no further! Our branch in Wigan is now looking for a Branch Operations Manager.
Our branch in Wigan, based on Queen Street is a team of over 15 colleagues, 4 delivery vehicles and a tool hire operation. The Branch Manager has created a nice family feel, its a busy environment but we have a fun too and everyone supports one another, so its a great branch to join.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 7.30am - 5.00pm, every other Saturday 8.00am - 12.00pm.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary plus an annual bonus,
- Contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance, sharesave scheme,
- group wide colleague discounts across the Travis Perkins Group, including Toolstation.
- Plus we have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from airport parking to theme parks to eating out and cinemas.
What will I be doing?
No one day is the same as the next in branch life, but here are a few pointers:
- Stay Safe, Set the tone and champion a Stay Safe culture across the branch at all times promoting a healthy workplace and colleague wellbeing.
- Operations, managing the full operation of the branch including, warehouse, yard and transport. Ensuring that adequate provision is made for customer deliveries and that the branch standards for safety, storage efficiency, housekeeping are kept up to date.
- People, You will lead, motivate, engage, delegate to empower the teams of the branch to work together as one and to take accountability for success within the branch. Ensure that succession planning is being used to drive talent sustainability, coach and mentor direct reports “rising stars” and management apprentices as required.
What experience do you need?
Previous experience within a builders’ merchant or civils is advantageous, but not essential. It doesn't matter what sector you come from, we just need transferable skills such as leadership, operational management, health and safety and great customer service.
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say ‘Yes’ to all of the characteristics below - they are in the DNA of all our fantastic Branch Operations Manager, are you:
- Passionate, inspirational and an engaging leader, who has the ability to create and cultivate a “one team” approach through collaboration and motivation.
- Someone that is highly adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Able to spot a great commercial idea, influence, persuade and deliver it.
- Career focused and want to build a career to become a key player in the success of a large PLC?
We’re driving to become a truly inclusive employer. We want everyone to be at their best and it’s our ambition that everyone within our Group feels safe, welcome and confident to be their authentic selves. You be you, it makes us, us.
Don't delay, apply today!