Flexible hours available this includes job shares/ amended hours, we will consider all. Offering a work/life balance is of great importance to Speedy!
Payment Services Team Leader - Haydock - Monday to Friday - 37.5hrs
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
As a Payment Services Team Leader you will be responsible for-
- Establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships, including Operations, Finance, Supply Chain and Customer Relationships.
- Implement strategies and deploy resources to meet transactional processing and working capital targets and objectives.
- Managing the performance of the Department and its employees to maximise key P2P metrics and Days Payable Outstanding.
- Prompt completion of Management reports e.g. KPIs, attendance etc.
- Minimising the number of supplier queries generated and outstanding through the purchase order process, poor or incomplete data, inefficiencies and through inaccuracies of the department.
- To ensure that all aspects of the payables ledger maintenance (including Supplier statement reconciliations, control account reconciliations, GRNI management) are carried out in accordance with expectations.
- Lead the liaison between external suppliers and internal employees to proactively manage all elements of the P2P process.
- Maintain positive supplier relationships to assist the overall department in achieving targets.
- Support the business by making the order process easier, by reducing supplier disputes generated and by facilitating resolution of disputes arising.
- Support the Supply Chain department in achieving their objectives.
- Ensuring that the P2P department is consistently presented to a high standard to promote a professional image to the customer.
- Lead the business process development for all parts of the P2P cycle.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to in order to ensure controls are effective.
- Leading the Department in regular reviews to improve customer service, performance and productivity.
- Managing employee disciplinary issues in the Department and reporting issues to (and seeking the assistance of) the Head of Payment Services/HR Business Partner as appropriate.
- Planning of Employees’ working schedules.
- Ensuring that all Employees receive an induction and training applicable to their role and work to all appropriate policies.
- Monitoring and action of recruitment needs, employees’ performance, attendance / absence and retention.
- Motivation and training of employees.
- Ensuring that employees are coached, trained and developed to meet the Department’s and their own development needs and ensuring these are in line with Company requirements.
- Purchase ledger experience
- Experience demonstrates ability to influence without authority.
- Demonstrated ability to lead process changes.
- Knowledge in working with ERP applications (preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent communication skills both internally across distances and externally with vendors / customers.
- Ability to tailor the communications to the appropriate audience.
At Speedy, we want to help you develop and progress; but we’ll need you to demonstrate these skills and attributes for us to be able to support you…
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a similar fast paced role with proven experience of processing high volume of purchase orders and invoices
- Good communication and telephone manner
- Committed and target / action focused
- Flexibility in all areas of the role
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven ability to manage your own time effectively
What we offer:
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Pension Scheme
- 95% discount on our products
- Plus other Salary Extras/Discounts
Our Career Line of Sight programme will ensure you receive the training and support to help you be the best that you can be in your role and will encourage you to pursue your career aspirations.
Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Please be aware that some roles within The Speedy Group UK&I may require one or more of the following - DBS, Credit, Security Clearance or Health & Safety Check.
The Speedy Group is an equal opportunity employer where we embrace diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. All roles within The Speedy Group require proof of right to work in the UK by the start of employment.