Are you an experienced Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager looking to develop your career further? Maybe you are a Store/Unit Manager looking for a new opportunity, a new sector. If so, we have an exciting opportunity for someone to take the reins of our branch in St Helens.
The role of Branch Manager is one of the most challenging yet rewarding positions in our business, and this is no exception. Our busy St Helens branch is based on Jackson Street. The branch has 6 colleagues, and 70 trade customers per day.
Opening Hours - Monday to Friday 7.30am - 5pm and Saturdays 8am - 12pm but you will only need to work 2 Saturdays in 4.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary, annual bonus and a company car.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Private health care & contributory pension
- Great discounts across the Travis Perkins Group businesses, including Toolstation. We also have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from theme parks to eating out and cinemas.
- Stay Safe, Set the tone and champion a Stay Safe culture across the branch at all times promoting a healthy workplace and colleague wellbeing
- Customers - Developing strong relationships with branch customers and suppliers in order to build profitable business growth. Build regular, productive and focused contact with the Area Sales Rep for the branch in order to drive value add to the customers
- Sales - Collaborative with your Tool Hire Manager to develop a sales strategy which focuses on proactivity with existing customers and how to attract new ones and review the success of this. Engage and interact with the external and national sales teams, to maximise our sales efforts as well as enabling and supporting the specialist businesses in the TP Group.
- Operations - Managing the full operation of the branch including, staffing costs, ensure that adequate provision is made for customer deliveries, and that branch layout is What Great Looks Like standards for safety, storage efficiency, housekeeping and ability of customers to find products they might want to buy.
- People - You will lead, motivate, engage, delegate to empower the teams of the branch to work together as one and to take accountability for success within the branch overall whilst working closely with the Hire RD.
- Ensure that succession planning is being used to drive talent sustainability, coach and mentor direct reports “rising stars” and management apprentices as required.
- Financial - Manage to AOP and forecast variances throughout the year as required, respond quickly to financial performance either to restore results to AOP levels or to capitalise on above target results
- Strategy - In conjunction with your management team, you will need to develop a sales strategy which focuses on proactivity with existing customers and how to attract new ones.
What experience do you need?
The successful candidate will already be supporting or running a medium size branch and will have the skills and experience needed to step up to a branch of this size. We also want your transferable skills: Inspirational Leadership, Operational Management, Sales Experience, Great Customer Service and Commercial Acumen.
Does this sound like you?
- Passionate, inspirational and an engaging leader, who is able to delegate successfully and empower colleagues to take accountability and lead areas of the branch, creating and cultivating that “one team” approach.
- Someone that is highly adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We’re driving to become a truly inclusive employer. We want everyone to be at their best and it’s our ambition that everyone within our Group feels safe, welcome and confident to be their authentic selves. You be you, it makes us, us.
Don't delay, apply today - closing date for applications 1st July!