HSS Hire is currently looking for an CITB Site Safety Plus Trainer to join their HSS Training team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is looking to find a career in the Training industry.
The role will consist of managing training development, the planning and delivery of skills and programmes within your responsible skillset. The trainer will ensure a high quality standard of excellence in teaching, learning and achievement across HSS Training Accredited Training Schemes.
What do you bring:
Possessing some or all the following characteristics are desirable:
- Be able to deliver specific safety courses within HSS Training portfolio.
- Have training experience and knowledge within Health and Safety, Training and Training Accreditation operational standards.
Ideally hold Health & Safety Level 5 Diploma or NEBOSH Level 3 In construction, SMSTS,AET and TAQA Assessor or equivalent
Strong verbal, written and IT communication skills.
- You will be flexible and hold a positive attitude to life and work, having the desire to develop your career and work hard to do so.
What you will do:
- Manage the delivery of safety training and assessments to a high standard within the skillset.
- Drive improvement in training efficiency by reviewing your performance and carefully managing resources within your skillset.
- Manage training quality systems to ensure compliance with the regulatory bodies.
- Attend training and development courses to maintain relevant knowledge and skills.
- Ensure HSS complies with training syllabuses & competence legislation.
- Produce training material & courses as required.
- Manage and maintain the condition of the work, materials & equipment within the region.
- Carry out workplace/competence assessments as required.
- Promote safe work practices and identify and eliminate any bad practice.
- Represent the company and values (“HSSness”) of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers, and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Ensure all locations are maintained to our 360◦ brand.
Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front.
What do you get back:
Our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure every single colleague feels valued and rewarded for the job they do and are given the opportunity to develop a long-term career with us.
- Competitive salary with access to our company pension allowing you to save and plan for your future.
- Holiday allowance of 20 days increased to 25 days when you hit 5 years of service
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
- Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
- Wellbeing and Healthcare support– you are the heart of our business, and we are committed to making sure you stay happy and healthy at work and at home. Our support includes:
- Mental Health First Aiders
- An Employee Assistance Programme which is free support 24/365
- A Healthcare Cashplan which means you can claim cashback on lots of different healthcare costs including prescription charges, dental check-ups, glasses, physiotherapy and even a massage!
- Access for you and your family to our wellbeing platform which includes benefits such as a 24/7 GP consultation service, get fit programmes including diet support with guidance from a nutritionist, life events counselling and much more.
- Discounts and cashback on our benefits site with a huge range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping, and lots more
- Life assurance is provided at twice your annual salary
- You will get the choice of other benefits that work for you through our Benefits portal – you pick the benefits you want – such as holiday buy and cycle to work schemes
Who are HSS? The short answer? We are a leading provider of tools, equipment, and support services to a huge range of industries across the UK and Ireland, all powered by the latest technology. We can supply over 9,000 bits of equipment, from industrial generators and cranes, right down to carpet cleaners and floor sanders, and everything in between.
And it does not stop there. We supply everything our customers need to get the most out of the equipment they hire from us, so whether that’s fuel, training courses for their colleagues, consumables like sandpaper, whatever they need to get the job done, we can provide it.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. Therefore, we are committed to attracting, recruiting, and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.