We are hiring for a Finance Business Partner and there has never been a more exciting time to join us as we embark on a transformation project driving our business forward through growth and digital change.
This is a role based in our head office in Manchester working on a hybrid basis, joining a team of 11, providing commercial finance support which generates meaningful and insightful performance reports across our group functions.
What will you do?
- You will produce business performance reporting driving continuous improvement, consistency and standardisation
- You will work with non-financial colleagues to understand information regarding performance of different areas and support decision making for the business partners with analysis, insight and constructive feedback
- You will own reports, ensuring information is presented in a business-centric and relevant way, working with commercial finance to innovate what reports we currently run and present to key stakeholders such as CFO & Board providing commentary and insights
- You will coordinate the finance team through budget and re-forecast process, group P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow forecasting
- You will work with the team to identify risks and opportunities, analysing previous budgets and forecasts and perform variance analysis
- You will contribute towards strategic business decisions, review finance data and decide on a best course of action, evaluate new and existing projects and determine validity and value
- You will lead and coordinate virtual teams ensuring we drive success through outputs
- You will also have complete autonomy to innovate where you see opportunity, whether that is creating business process, testing and supporting growth and change
What do you bring?
- Qualified or Part Qualified or working towards an accreditation
- Highly motivated and proactive individual with a passion for making a difference
- Strong data, analytical and report writing skills with the ability to present finance clearly and concisely
- Able to develop relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Deadline driven, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in adopting and embedding best practice
What do you get back?
Our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure every single colleague feels valued and rewarded for the job they do and are given the opportunity to develop a long-term career with us.
You will receive:
- Competitive salary with access to our company pension allowing you to save and plan for your future
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays with the opportunity to buy an extra 5!
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
- Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
Wellbeing and Healthcare support– you are the heart of our business, and we are committed to making sure you stay happy and healthy at work and at home. Our support includes:
- Mental Health First Aiders
- An Employee Assistance Programme which is free support 24/365
- A Healthcare Cashplan which means you can claim cashback on lots of different healthcare costs including prescription charges, dental check-ups, glasses, physiotherapy and even a massage!
- Access for you and your family to our wellbeing platform which includes benefits such as a 24/7 GP consultation service, get fit programmes including diet support with guidance from a nutritionist, life events counselling and much more.
- Discounts and cashback on our benefits site with a huge range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping, and lots more
- Life assurance is provided at twice your annual salary
- You will get the choice of other benefits that work for you through our Benefits portal – you pick the benefits you want – such as holiday buy and cycle to work schemes
Who are HSS?
The short answer? We are a leading provider of tools, equipment, and support services to a huge range of industries across the UK and Ireland, all powered by the latest technology. We can supply over 9,000 bits of equipment, from industrial generators and cranes, right down to carpet cleaners and floor sanders, and everything in between.
And it does not stop there. We supply everything our customers need to get the most out of the equipment they hire from us, so whether that’s fuel, training courses for their colleagues, consumables like sandpaper, whatever they need to get the job done, we can provide it.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. Therefore, we are committed to attracting, recruiting, and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.