We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team at our Head Office in Trafford Park, Manchester. With over 10,000 products, a forward-thinking culture and opportunity we are looking to expand our specialist sourcing division, which enables us to supply equipment outside of our group fleet.
As a Supply Chain Manager you will take responsibility for making sure that all of our partners adhere to the HSS values of safety, value, availability and support whilst simultaneously offering our competitive prices!
What will you do?
- Negotiate hire and transport rates and other charges with our customers. This will include payment terms, commercial arrangements and all other terms and conditions.
- Extend our supply chain by identifying new suppliers for new and existing products we have in our range.
- Assess and audit our suppliers to ensure we are hitting agreed SLAs by obtaining feedback from our Hire Desks and from our clients.
What do you bring?
- Ideally you will have similar experience in a buying sector – experience within our industry is not a necessity!
- Strong negotiation skills.
- You’ll need to be a problem solver, highly analytical and commercially astute.
What do you get back?
Our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure every single colleague feels valued and rewarded for the job they do and are given the opportunity to develop a long-term career with us.
You will receive:
- Competitive salary with access to our company pension allowing you to save and plan for your future
- Holiday allowance of 25 days, plus public holidays
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
- Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
Wellbeing and Healthcare support– you are the heart of our business, and we are committed to making sure you stay happy and healthy at work and at home. Our support includes:
- Mental Health First Aiders
- An Employee Assistance Programme which is free support 24/365
- A Healthcare Cashplan which means you can claim cashback on lots of different healthcare costs including prescription charges, dental check-ups, glasses, physiotherapy and even a massage!
- Access for you and your family to our wellbeing platform which includes benefits such as a 24/7 GP consultation service, get fit programmes including diet support with guidance from a nutritionist, life events counselling and much more.
- Discounts and cashback on our benefits site with a huge range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping, and lots more
- Life assurance is provided at twice your annual salary
- You will get the choice of other benefits that work for you through our Benefits portal – you pick the benefits you want – such as holiday buy and cycle to work schemes
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. Therefore, we are committed to attracting, recruiting, and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.