From small beginnings in 1945, JCB has grown to become one of the top three manufacturers of construction equipment. Despite our scale, we’re still family-owned – and still expanding. To help us manage our business, now and in the future, we need detailed financial information. Join us as Assistant Financial Controller and be the key to JCB’s progress.
Overview of the role:
Your main tasks will be to effectively control our financial accounts and to provide key financial data to management to enable us to make decisions. This will include forecasting, budgeting, month end accounts, new product introductions, and audit activities. You’ll also create, update, and review management accounts models and complete balance sheet reconciliations. While AFC for JCB Power Systems, you’ll have a small, dedicated team to support your role however JCB Power Systems is one of three JCB Component divisions that will work closely together from the same locations, giving a larger team around you to support your growth and development.
Your Responsibilities as Assistant Financial Controller
• Assists the Financial Controller in preparing financial reporting, P&L and reviewing variances for business unit management
• Makes judgments, interprets and presents financial analysis in a persuasive format, providing insights and recommendations to key stakeholders to inform and influence decisions
• Serves as a financial business partner for key stakeholders within the business unit
• Manages year-end accounting and control processes to meet statutory requirements
• Oversees the preparation of monthly accounts, budgets and forecasts in a timely and accurate manner
• Produces performance indicator reports and analysis, as well as ad-hoc reports and investigations, as required by management
• Prepares and submits monthly cash flow forecasts and budgets for the business unit
• Liaises with and manages external auditors
• Appraises financial risk to inform decisions
• Appraises investment proposals associated with new products and capital expenditure
• Manages a team to develop their skills, conducts regular performance reviews and provides guidance to ensure objectives are met and procedures.
With a preferred background in manufacturing industry and CIMA/ACCA qualified, you’ll be ready for this responsible role. You know about accounting principles and management accounts processes, as well as a strong understanding of excel and experience working on SAP. Organised and flexible, with a good eye for detail, you can work independently or as part of a team. With the communication skills to lead people and work with senior staff, you’ll be confident, professional and prepared for new challenges.
What’s in it for you?
We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.