The Senior Infrastructure Engineer’s role is to organise and manage operations to ensure the stable running of the organisation’s IT Infrastructure, and own and resolve complex issues. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems.
The senior component of the role additionally demands responsibility for:
- Designing and implementing systems to support the highly available operation of systems used within the Sunbelt Rentals Technology division
- Proposing, designing and implementing systems as required or requested by the business, in response to requirements put forward by any area of the business
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the IT Strategy and Road map, ensuring that it is in line with the wider business strategy and able to support the future development of the group
- Training and mentoring of junior members of the team to help expand the breadth of their system knowledge, build confidence and assist with their career development
Recommending IT Infrastructure solutions:
- To solve business needs and provide technology steered outcomes
- Identified as part of general continuous ongoing improvement
- Identified as part of incident management
- Identified as part of global IT trends, particularly where related to security threats and mitigation
The role-holder is expected to function as a subject matter expert across multiple disciplines amongst IT Infrastructure, End User Compute, Security, Networking, messaging & Collaboration. As an SME the role holder will work within their team to provide expert counsel, guidance and where practical training to departmental colleagues.
What can we offer you in return? You’ll be joining a highly successful FTSE100 company, the UK’s largest equipment rental provider. We provide an Industry leading flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance, retail discount scheme, employee recognition awards, a great Company pension scheme and private medical insurance.