We are looking for a Non Production Buyer to join our team
Overview of the role:
You’ll be the lead buyer for your categories, with an expectation to propose future direction of our sourcing and to manage the supplier relationships in order to add value to JCB, ensuring we are a priority customer. You’ll work closely with other team across JCB to support and manage supply escalations, as well as taking the lead in our commercial negotiations. Whilst this role is focused on the strategic aspects of purchasing, buyers need to have a close relationship with the operational teams who manage the day-to-day activities. These teams are crucial to implementing the strategies created by the category teams, and managing the day-to-day escalations from Materials, Quality, New Product teams. These buyers are key in communicating what is working and what isn’t within the operational aspects of each category.
Your Responsibilities as a Role Title:
As a Non-Production Buyer you will be responsible for developing category strategies to ensure we have a robust and competitive supply chain.
- Develop Category Strategies for each area of responsibility, working with the wider business to ensure strategies are implemented in a timely manner
- Ensure early engagement with teams across JCB and suppliers to ensure we are sourcing the best products from the beginning of our projects
- Manage multiple resource / capacity projects with suppliers to ensure JCB can achieve our 5-year plan
- Identify and drive cost reduction activities across JCB
- Responsible for leading contractual negotiations for your suppliers (Long Term / Development / Warranty Agreements etc)
- Develop and lead supplier relationships to deliver tangible mutual benefits
- Work with suppliers and engineering to identify new technologies to reduce cost and or add additional value to our business
- Build strong relationships across JCB and the supply base, be responsible and accountable to make and influence key decisions that are in the best interest of JCB.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Significant procurement experience – preferably within a manufacturing business
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies
- Understanding of key cost drivers within a supply base
- Confident negotiator with a proven record of creating cost ideas and delivering significant reductions
- Experience managing multiple projects and co-ordinating cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery
- Experience managing high level supplier relationships & delivering tangible benefits
- Ability to build strong internal relationships – preferably experience working closely with operational and engineering teams
Personality Traits we’re looking for:
- Has a sense of urgency and determination to succeed
- Can operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Is resilient, adaptable and open to change
- Has tenacity and ambition balanced with an ability to build strong relationships
- Presents solutions rather than reasons why things cannot be done
- Strong communicator who can vary their approach depending on the audience
Works well within a team, supports and drives others where needed
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary and benefits package, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s on-site gym and 33 days annual leave. As a JCB employee, you will also be able to access the incredible JCB Golf & Country Club.
You will also have access to JCB’s Reward Hub – giving you fantastic savings across a huge range of high street retailers, as well as access to exclusive company perks such as our Cycle to Work Scheme.