We have a great opportunity for a 7.5T Driver to join our team in our HSS Middlesbrough branch.
As a 7.5T Driver, you will be driving our branded vehicles, represent the company and meet different customers and drive to different locations on a daily basis: No 2 days will be the same for you!
There’s no paperwork! We have the technology to make your role easy with our company issued mobile phone and brand-new delivery app technology. We also provide training across our product range and procedures.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- Load and unload your vehicle
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary
- Make sure e-codes are correct and keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using the company smart phone
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks
- Driving the company vehicle responsibly and safely
- Ensure every customer receives an efficient hire experience demonstrating exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day
What do you bring?
- You will enjoy meeting new people each day, driving to various locations and being flexible in your approach to work.
- Customer service and warehouse experience is preferred.
What do you get back?
Our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure every single colleague feels valued and rewarded for the job they do and are given the opportunity to develop a long-term career with us.
- Competitive salary with access to our company pension allowing you to save and plan for your future
- Holiday allowance of 20 days increased to 25 days when you hit 5 years of service
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
- Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
- Wellbeing and Healthcare support– you are the heart of our business, and we are committed to making sure you stay happy and healthy at work and at home. Our support includes:
- Mental Health First Aiders
- An Employee Assistance Programme which is free support 24/365
- A Healthcare Cashplan which means you can claim cashback on lots of different healthcare costs including prescription charges, dental check-ups, glasses, physiotherapy and even a massage!
- Access for you and your family to our wellbeing platform which includes benefits such as a 24/7 GP consultation service, get fit programmes including diet support with guidance from a nutritionist, life events counselling and much more.
- Discounts and cashback on our benefits site with a huge range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping, and lots more
- Life assurance is provided at twice your annual salary
- You will get the choice of other benefits that work for you through our Benefits portal – you pick the benefits you want – such as holiday buy and cycle to work schemes
Who are HSS?
The short answer? We are a leading provider of tools, equipment, and support services to a huge range of industries across the UK and Ireland, all powered by the latest technology. We can supply over 9,000 bits of equipment, from industrial generators and cranes, right down to carpet cleaners and floor sanders, and everything in between.
And it does not stop there. We supply everything our customers need to get the most out of the equipment they hire from us, so whether that’s fuel, training courses for their colleagues, consumables like sandpaper, whatever they need to get the job done, we can provide it.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. Therefore, we are committed to attracting, recruiting, and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.