Reporting to the Chief Engineer at one of our modern engineering centres in Staffordshire, you will be working on a range of exciting technical development projects which are targeted to ensure that JCB machines are the most technically advanced, robust and competitive on the market.
Joining a team of engineers working on advanced projects looking at the future design and developments across the group of products. The job is focused on new design of hydrogen fuelled machines and will move our products towards zero emissions and zero CO2.
You will be part of a team delivering new product programmes from concept to delivery – from specification, through analysis, concept design, testing and development, to engineering sign-off and into production.
You will also assist to support in-house quality, manufacturing and service teams in resolving complex technical issues arising as a result of warranty and / or issues that lead to engineering change as the permanent solution. You will be working to design and develop a robust product of world class quality.
About Your Role
· Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support product development, ensuring design for manufacture and achieving quality by design.
· Champion areas of design within the team to meet project performance and cost targets.
· Create system and component specifications and designs based on agreed requirements with key stakeholders.
· Produce design layouts, CAD models and design drawings using the JCB CAD system then structure / release to production using PLM and combination master tools.
· Demonstrate data driven design decisions based on analysis tools / spreadsheet calculations.
· Take part in system and component FMEAs, and risk assessments.
· Co-ordinate and oversee design validation activities to support the gate process and engineering sign off of the new designs.
· Resolve engineering issues using structured problem-solving methodologies.
· Help manage prototype and pre production builds, including creating a component log to order and track parts and overseeing initial quality and installation requirements.
· Work with suppliers to deliver prototype and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements.
- Engagement with supply base and commercial teams.
- Liaison with all business stakeholders to ensure project delivery to budget, time and quality.
· Educated to a minimum HND level in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
· Proven delivery of concept through to production of construction machine based design.
· Experience in design of fabrications, mouldings and packaging of components.
· Knowledge of fuel system design, specification and installation.
· Ideally experienced in construction machine design, including understanding of compliance requirements and key attributes.
· Good project and supplier management skills, with commercial and customer awareness.
· Open minded with a “can do attitude” and good communication skills
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre, 33 days annual leave and flexibility around daily start and finish times.
You will also have access to JCB’s Reward Hub – giving you fantastic savings across a huge range of high street retailers, as well as access to exclusive company perks such as our Cycle to Work Scheme.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.