We're now hiring for a Senior Project Manager to join our team at JCB World Headquarters
JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than JCB.
Overview of the role:
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the successful candidate will join a dynamic team with a strong focus on new product development to support the growth of the business and market share. You will play a key role in the delivery of a number of ambitious and exciting machine programs, which will provide new models and major upgrades in support of our growth plans.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Project Manager:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of a new product introduction environment.
- Ability to demonstrate previous Project Management experience for a number of years.
- Able to support strategic document creation such as budgets and 5 year plans.
- Understanding of the commercials and ability to support business case creation.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, flexible, have a keen sense of urgency and a desire to achieve results. Having an attention for detail and good numeracy skills will be essential in succeeding in this role.
- Ability to communicate at all levels across the business, with emphasis on Senior Management reviews.
- Ability to motivate and influence a team with an ability to set and deliver demanding objectives for self and team.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft office tools (including MS Project), with advanced excel skills.
- Familiarity with a gated Product Introduction Process, ideally the JCB New Product Introduction Process (NPIP).
The key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate the project team in achieving the project plan, report progress and manage risk.
- Ensuring the cross functional project teams achieve their deliverables.
- Ensuring new products are introduced in accordance with the current JCB New Product Introduction Process (NPIP).
- Maintain and track Project Plans and Project Metrics including project parts trackers, PCM's, Engineering timing plans, Master schedules, etc.
- Provide clear communication to all areas of the business on the project status.
- Working alongside the engineering, purchasing, manufacturing engineering and finance teams to maintain and develop the project cost tracking documents that support the project financials.
- Maintain, track and report finance status of the project (BOMs, pricing, etc.)
- Preparation of project gate documents.
- You will have proven experience working as a Project Manager and a track record of supporting and steering project team members from across business functions including; quality, manufacturing, engineering, sales, marketing and finance.
- You will have experience of NPI project control, NPI documentation and the JCB Gate process.
- You should have experience of setting and delivering defined objectives for yourself and others.
- You must be able to communicate, influence and present effectively at executive level; and with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre, 33 days annual leave and flexibility around daily start and finish times.
You will also have access to JCB’s Reward Hub – giving you fantastic savings across a huge range of high street retailers, as well as access to exclusive company perks such as our Cycle to Work Scheme.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.