At HSS Hire we have an exciting opportunity for a Class 2 Driver to join our team. You will be given the opportunity to work for the largest tool hire provider in the country!
With over 10,000 products, a forward-thinking culture and opportunity to develop with our wide variety of training courses that allow you to build the career of your choice.
We are open to skill set for this position so candidates from any warehouse background are welcome to apply!
As a Class 2 Driver you will cover shifts on Monday to Friday 7am-4pm with alternating Saturdays 7am -12pm. You will provide a safe, compliant, reliable, effective delivery and collection service to our customers. In order to enhance the customer experience you will start all petrol and diesel equipment in front of the customer and discuss basic user instructions to confirm the equipment is in full working order and they are comfortable with how to use the item.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- Ensure every customer receives an efficient hire experience demonstrating exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day
- Drive the company vehicle responsibly and safely; obeying at all times the traffic laws and highway code
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Transport Manager
- Carry out deliveries and collections to our internal and external customers in a professional manner
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using the company smart phone
- Loading / Unloading vans when required, ensuring e-codes are correct and product quality is in line with company standards
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager
- Embrace sales campaigns and generate leads for the sales team
- Maintain product knowledge in order to demonstrate to customers where necessary
- Assist with Click & Collect ensuring every customer receives an efficient hire experience and leaves feeling valued.
- Promote teamwork between colleagues work closely with peers to ensure the best level of service is provided to the business and our customers
- Ensure all locations and company vehicles are maintained to our brand standards
- Ensure compliance with all systems, procedures and processes
- Represent the company and values of the business and portray a professional image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required, including assisting in other departments when necessary
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have Class 2 Driving experience, preferred experiences include warehouse and customer service environment, great communication skills and manual handling awareness skills. It is advantageous if you have experience in the Hire industry but you will receive training on our equipment and procedures regardless. You must be able to demonstrate understanding of warehouse roles and your experiences.
What do you get back?
- We want to make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join: A wide range of training and development to allow you to develop your role
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
- Discount vouchers for your mobile phone, gym membership, family days out, restaurants and high street shopping
- Holiday allowance increased to 25 when you hit 5 years of service
- Full work wear and PPE provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, covering everything from Health and Safety to the ins and outs of your role.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.