Flexible hours available this includes job shares/ amended hours, we will consider all. Offering a work/life balance is of great importance to Speedy!
As a leading designer and manufacturer of lifting and handling equipment in the UK, Lloyds
British has been providing bespoke lifting solutions industry for over 200 years. In consideration that the products are purpose designed to suit the particular clients requirements, the work is varied, low volume, high value and is not repetitive. An all-round skill set in mechanical fitting with some electrical knowledge will be ideal for the role.
In December 2016 Lloyds British was acquired by Speedy, bringing additional specialist lifting services and expertise to the Speedy business
The Lloyds British Manufacturing Business, operates in a niche market sector for the design, manufacture and repair of bespoke handling equipment and devices. As such the business works on a “Jobbing” basis and as a result each individual product, process or procedure requires proper planning and support throughout the order to delivery cycle. The Production Planner is primarily responsible for managing products through the works in the most efficient and effective manner.
The Production Planner will report directly to the Manufacturing Director. The Production Planner will also work closely with the Chief Engineer, design and sales teams to plan the work through the facility considering revenue, profitability and customer requirements.
- Manage the raw material and proprietary item supply of items into the business.
- Produce and maintain a “Build Plan” based on the capacity of the facility, resources available and orders on hand.
- To work with sub-contractors to balance the revenue requirements of the business as required.
- To plan and allocate work to the shopfloor and installation personnel.
- To support and assist the Engineers with technical queries.
- Ensure adequate supply and availability of consumables.
- To check and identify goods inwards on receipt and manage material traceability.
- To negotiate with suppliers and carry out the purchasing requirements for each project/job with the assistance of the Administrator.
- Maintain the necessary material and process records to enable the equipment to be UKCA marked.
- Liaise with clients regarding job progress and deliveries.
- Ensure that project and company quality procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Identify and resolve non-conformances at an early stage whenever possible.
- Escalate any issues when necessary to ensure early resolution.
- Maintain compliance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001.
- To maintain close control of WIP and Stores levels.
- To provide the sales resource with any information required to enable the formulation of quotations and to assist with the costing as necessary.
- To review the progress of particular jobs in relation to the quoted price and liaise with the Manufacturing Director in the event that any of the jobs under construction are outside the target costings.
- To liaise with and update customers with regard to delivery of their equipment and to arrange any commissioning or installation work that may be required.
- To work closely with the Manufacturing Director and other Managers to provide the necessary input into designs issued, to ensure manufacturing time is optimised and quality of product is maintained at the highest levels.
- Receive, interpret and implement the requirements of the Manufacturing Director.
What you will need:
- The experience and qualifications of the Production Planner should be commensurate with the position within the organisation and include :-
- Microsoft Office use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent communicator both orally and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical and organised.
- Commercial Acumen
- Process and project management skills.
- Appreciation of Engineering Procedures and Processes
Speedy offer a Career Line of Sight which enables a detailed understanding of the route to progression and growth within the Speedy Group.
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.