HSS Hire is the UK’s original tool and equipment hire company with an award-winning reputation for being the best in the industry. Due to our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Service Technician to join our team at your local depot.
At HSS Hire you will be given the opportunity to work for the largest tool hire provider in the country! HSS Hire are a recognised brand with over 10,000 products and are well known for developing engineers by their training plan! We have the best training, progression and benefits package on the market.
As a Service Technician you will take responsibility for the testing and running of all equipment and tools both previous to and prior to its hire. You will carry out the refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary and maintain and ensure maximum workshop productivity in line with company targets, ensuring product damage is highlighted to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
• ‘Test and run’ all hire equipment
• Report any faults and liaise with the Workshop Manager when spare parts are required to ensure cost-effective repairs
• Ensure that all equipment is cleaned to the highest standard ready for hire
• Ensure the workshop is safe, tidy and organised at all times
• Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at work at all times
• Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto the in-house system (Spanner) and daily worksheets are populated
You will be provided with full workwear and PPE and provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, which will cover everything from health and safety to the ins and outs of your new role.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a passion for engineering and machinery, great communication skills and manual handling awareness skills. If you work in the Hire industry that’s great, if not that’s not a problem as long as you can demonstrate a clear interest and passion to work within the industry.
Experience working on small tools, diesel and 2/4-stroke petrol engines or experience with Mechanical/Electrical engineering is advantageous.
What do you get back?
We want to make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
• FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
• Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
• Discount vouchers for your mobile phone, gym membership, family days out, restaurants and high street shopping
• Holiday allowance increase to 25 when you hit 5 years of service
As well as plenty of other flexible benefits like learning and development programmes.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.