HSS Hire is the UK’s original tool and equipment hire company with an award-winning reputation for being the best in the industry. Due to our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Groundcare Engineer to join our team.
What does the job involve?
Working as a Field Service Engineer, you will be required to carry out planned servicing, repairs, upgrades and breakdown response work at customer sites on agricultural machinery.
Primary on Road Tasks:
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Load bank testing
- Control system wiring
- Site surveys to assist project sales
- Complete and submit accurate job reports in a timely manner
- Book stock items in and out of the depot accurately and in line with company policy
You will be provided with:
- Full induction including product training
- Full work wear including all correct PPE
- Selection of job specific tools (however you will be expected to have your own tools)
- Work tablet
- Van for work use
- Fuel Card
- Great OTE opportunities
- Served a recognised apprenticeship as a mechanical/electrical engineer
- The ideal candidate will be a 3 years experienced field service engineer who has current or past exposure to John Deere, Kubota, Ransomes, Toro and similar brands
You will have:
- Strong knowledge of all electrical and mechanical aspects of groundcare equipment
- First class customer facing skills and good communication skills
- Flexibility to meet requirements of service operations
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Can do attitude
A full driving licence is necessary for consideration for this role.
What do you get back?
We want to make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
- Extensive training in house and external
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
- Discount vouchers for your mobile phone, gym membership, family days out, restaurants and high street shopping
- Long service rewards when you hit 5 years
As well as plenty of other flexible benefits like learning and development programmes.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.