JCB are looking for a Supplier Development Engineer to join our team – Group Purchasing
JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than JCB.
Overview of the role:
To provide active support in developing production component suppliers to achieve and sustain a level of Operational performance which delivers JCB’s expectations of continuous improvement. To continuously improve the New product Introduction, Quality, Cost and Risk performance of production component suppliers to JCB on a global basis. To support business unit quality functions with critical supplier quality issue resolution.
Your Responsibilities as a Supplier Development Engineer:
- Support targeted and “at-risk” suppliers with new product introduction and facilitate from concept to launch whilst communicating and offering solutions for any potential risks identified.
- Lead Supplier APQP or Launch Readiness process on identified suppliers and products to manage and mitigate risk for Quality Cost and Delivery.
- Review and Improve the NPI APQP processes and documentation as required.
- Generate robust, escalation roadmaps with suppliers that fulfil JCB quality needs and ensuring conformance to Group wide targets and standards
- Jointly review performance with Group Purchasing personnel & prioritise suppliers for application of performance improvement processes.
- Drive AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) standards within the supplier network striving towards process capability optimization.
- Support supplier cost reduction activities through a Supply Chain Integration approach i.e. including Operational efficiency improvements, Lean transformations, VA/VE activities and collaborative cost reduction activities.
- Generate robust resolution roadmaps with suppliers that fulfil JCB capacity and delivery needs and ensuring conformance to group wide targets and standards.
- Assess supplier’s capacity during New Product Introduction and identify risk with relation to schedule fluctuations and other influences on production volume.
- Use NPI Gate Process to highlight significant concerns with Supplier Capacity planning.
- Complete relevant activities to support personal development in role, using skills matrix to identify key development areas
- Generate, agree and manage suppliers short, medium and long term continuous improvement commitments, where applicable addressing shortfalls and failings.
- Provide professional and effective communication interface between external suppliers and JCB customers leading to the transposition of needs into an agreed acceptable priority work plan.
- The role requires a strong foundation in quality tools and techniques, QMS and auditing, with the ability to form close working relationships with both suppliers and internal customers.
- Communication is a key skill for this role.
- Expertise in a manufacturing technology is a pre-requisite for this role.
- HND, Degree or equivalent qualification in manufacturing operations or engineering, with particular emphasis on Quality management, Materials management & Lean manufacturing.
- Six sigma certification to Green Belt level is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role or supply chain development, quality, engineering, technical role or operations management role.
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre, 33 days annual leave and flexibility around daily start and finish times.
You will also have access to JCB’s Reward Hub – giving you fantastic savings across a huge range of high street retailers, as well as access to exclusive company perks such as our Cycle to Work Scheme.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.