We have a great new job opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our busy Shared Service Centre.
In this role you will assist the Management Accountant and Finance Team to provide robust and continuously improving accounting and management information to the businesses, as part of the Shared Service Centre.
Reporting to the Management Accountant your key responsibilities will include:
- Produce financial and business performance data for the business divisions, monthly and ad hoc. In particular, take ownership for production of the month end reports.
- Periodically review reporting produced against customer requirements, to continuously improve output and production methods.
- Be involved in other processes as required such as VAT, statutory consolidation packs etc.
- Ensure continuous improvement in key accounting processes, with the aim of increasing time available for adding value.
- Be involved in key projects within the Finance Team, SSC and the Group as appropriate. This will include leading smaller projects or being part of a team on larger projects.
- Work as part of the Finance Team, ensuring that members of the team are supported and encouraging a strong team dynamic.
- Liaise with other parts of the business (such as divisional finance teams), ensuring that strong relationships are built across the Group and good customer service is provided.
Skills & experience required :
- Part qualified/ working towards a qualification such as ACCA or CIMA
- At least one year of experience of management accounts production
- Positive attitude and wish to take responsibility for quality of customer service provided.
- Clear evidence of working to deadlines in a time pressured situation.
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure both short and long term goals are met.
- Experience of previous process improvement in an organisation.
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of influencing outside your own team would be an advantage
If you want to play a fundamental role in the central Finance team of a successful and ambitious company, this could be the career opportunity for you.
With more than 60 years’ experience in the plant and equipment hire industry, Vp plc is renowned and respected for its technical excellence, service innovation and customer focus. We have seen a radical re-engineering of group activities with a move from a broadly based plant hire enterprise to specialist equipment outsourcing businesses, which has proved very successful.
The group currently comprises 6 business divisions: Groundforce & TPA Roadways; UK Forks; Airpac Bukom Oilfield Services; Hire Station, Torrent Trackside and TR Group. The head office is located at Central House in Harrogate.
#financejobs #jobsinharrogate #cima