Trainee Hoist Erector
Salary £DOE & Qualifications + overtime + benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced growing National company, with excellent career stability and progression prospects; where hard work is well rewarded? Then a job with AFI Group of Companies is for you.
AFI are currently recruiting for a Trainee Hoist Erector to work in our Rapid Platforms Depot.
Key to the role is the ability to work as part of a team and having the ability to communicate effectively to both customers and colleagues. You will be self motivated, have initiative and the ability to prioritise tasks, delegate where appropriate and manage your time effectively. Some flexibility may be required with regards to working hours to adapt to the needs of the business. You will be supplied with a company vehicle, so a full UK driving licence is essential.
- To undertake the erection and dismantling of Goods Hoists ensuring all current Health & safety regulations are adhered to at all times, so as to ensure our customers receive quality equipment and an unrivalled service.
Details of Function:
- Undertake all works involved with hoists with regards to Maintenance, preparation, installation and dismantle
- Must be able to work at height.
- Hours of work will vary depending on location
- Ensure the health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Complete installations and dismantles working within method statement.
- Complete relevant paperwork accurately
- Foreseeing problems on site and be able to provide solutions
- Carry out inspections on machines prior to supervisor thorough examination (schedule 1)
- Keep Hoist transport vehicles clean inside and out at all times
- Liaise with office regarding problems, missing/damaged equipment
- Take pictures of all installations
- Wear provided PPE at all times
- Keep the yard clean and tidy at all times
- Keep a written log of installations and dismantles working towards your NVQ Hoist Installer
The ideal candidate:
- Previous Experience of Rack & Pinion Hoists is preferred although not essential as full training will be provided.
- Proactive approach.
- Scaffold erector back ground useful
- People currently or happy to work at height
AFI Group is a leading provider of access solutions, from the hire and purchase of access equipment, to accredited training and service / maintenance of machines. With a current network of 21 hire locations across the UK and over 5,000 machines, AFI has a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and is proud to hold various accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, 5* Achilles BuildingConfidence, Gold RoSPA award – to name a few).
We offer an excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays.
- Inclusion in a profit share scheme.
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary.
- Paid Overtime.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- In addition we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold an Investors in People award).
Please note that we operate a 2 stage interview process and online testing to screen candidates.