JCB are hiring a Product Specialist to join the team - ROTO, TLT & RTFL
JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than JCB.
Overview of the role:
A unique opportunity has arisen for a ROTO, TLT & RTFL Product Specialist to join the Product Sales team to support JCB’s ambitious growth plans. Reporting to the ROTO, TLT & RTFL General Manager, the role entails representing the voice of the customer within the JCB business to ensure there is a strong relationship between the operations, service, purchasing, project & engineering teams and the regional sales teams to deliver profitable market share growth.
Your Responsibilities as a Product Specialist- ROTO, TLT & RTFL:
- Support the yellow series implementation by determining what we sell, what configuration do we sell and what pricing level to allow dealers to specify the desired specification with the correct range of options
- Analyse sales code uptake and make strategic growth recommendations accordingly
- Support the sales mix management to maximise revenue and profit
- Analyse markets and evolving trends to identify new sales sectors for the JCB ROTO, TLT & RTFL
- First point of contact for the sales team for technical sales information
- Provide product training internally within JCB and to the dealer sales force to ensure the whole sales team is fully conversant with the product and its use
- Working with other JCB departments to develop and maintain both internal and external sales support and marketing material including customer literature, technical specifications and website information
- Supporting the regional and dealer sales team at virtual and physical events, exhibitions, shows and product training sessions
- Carry out product bench marking to identify product benefits and future product requirements
- To have a leading role in delivering new ROTO, TLT & RTFL products as part of the new product introduction process (NPIP)
- We are looking for somebody who has an excellent attention to detail, who is a well organised, dedicated team player that is able to multi task and work well under pressure
- Demonstrates a can do attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done quickly, effectively and accurately
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Confident user of Microsoft excel and powerpoint
- Experience of using a sales code structuring computer application is ideal but not essential
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings is ideal but not essential
- Have a good commercial business understanding
- A real sense of urgency is required with a positive attitude to be able to solve problems quickly as issues arise
- The ability to prioritise tasks and the ability communicate at all levels of the business is essential as you will be dealing with many different teams at different levels of the JCB organisational structure including Design, Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing, Assembly, Purchasing, Sales, Supply, MIS within an international organisation
- Experience and confidence in presenting and negotiating
- The successful applicant will receive a personal development plan with access to training and mentoring schemes to support your career progression and development
- Dependent on covid restrictions, the role will involve some domestic and international travel to dealers and customers
What’s in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.