As a business, we supply all types of customers and organisations with a range of specialist equipment. Our fleet of delivery vehicles are able to supply almost any type of equipment that is requested. From plant machinery for large construction and industrial contracts to domestic power tools for that home refurbishment project. With 16 Hire It Centres located across the region we really do have it covered!
As an Equipment Delivery Driver your responsibilities will be:
- To carry out deliveries and collections to our customers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day.
- Drive the company vehicle responsibly and safely; obeying at all times the traffic laws and highway code.
- An Equipment Delivery Driver must carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Fleet Manager.
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation.
- Ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary.
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager.
- Maintain product knowledge in order to demonstrate to customers where necessary.
- Represent the company and their principles of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Literacy and numeracy skills – need to be able to complete delivery paperwork neatly and accurately.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
This is a manual position, you will be required to load and unload the vehicle yourself. So ideally we seek applicants who are physically fit as you will be responsible for managing your own jobs as well as loading goods on and off your vehicle. An understanding of safe loading and towing processes would be highly beneficial.
As an Equipment Delivery Driver you must have
- Experience of driving a 3.5 Tonne dropside vehicle with tail lift.
- A License to tow over 750kg with current Driver Card.
- A proven track record in customer service.
- Driving experience in a fast paced environment.
- Have an understanding of safe loading and towing process.
- Understanding of the transporting of hazardous goods.
Finally, we want you to be a successful part of our team portraying a professional, smart appearance to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work, taking a pride in yourself and your vehicle.
This is a full time position offering a competitive hourly rate. Working hours are: Monday to Friday: 08.00am – 17:00pm, Rotational Saturdays 8am – 12pm.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Permanent employment.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Weekly pay (every Wednesday).
- 22 Days holiday plus statutory days (30 days in total).
- Additional Holiday after two, three and five years service.
- Free tool hire for all employees – Excluding consumables & delivery.
- Death in service cover to support your family.
- Career progression.
- Ongoing training.
- Full uniform.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme.
- Discounted Personal Legal Services.
If you are seeking a long term career opportunity and would like to join a truly successful business, we would like to hear from you.
The post 3.5T Equipment Delivery Driver appeared first on Smiths Hire.